Context & Reflection
Conference Studio Art Quilt Associates and
Surface Design Association
March 30–April 1, 2012
April 2–4, 2012
Call for Proposals
Deadline for submissions:
March 10,2011 (postmark date)
Submission instructions are also available at
www.surfacedesign.org and www.studioartquilts.org
Submissions should be for three-day workshops. Submissions will be by CD only and
should include the following information:
- Contact information, including mailing address, telephone, email address, andweb site address
- Title of workshop
- Workshop proposal (limit to 300 words)
- Student level (i.e.: beginner, intermediate, advanced)
- Description of workshop (limit to 80 words)
- Biography of presenter(s) (limit to 100 words)
- Description of workshop activities (limit to 1-2 pages)
- Workshop requirements: facilities, equipment, and supplies
- Images of work typical of workshop subject matter (limit to 3 images, no larger than 4” X 6” at 300 dpi), in jpg format. By submitting images of yourwork, you give permission to SDA/SAQA to use them for publicity on the organizations’ web sites, digital news publications, and conference publications.
- Resume emphasizing workshop-teaching experience (limit to 2 pages)
- Letters of recommendation (optional – limit to 2)
- Conference fee waiver
- Four days per diem
- Travel as described below
An allowance for each day of the workshop plus one day, to help cover food and
lodging. For the 2012 conference the per diem is $75.00. Instructors are
responsible for arranging their lodging.
- 100-mile radius—expenses capped at $100. Mileage compensation at theprevailing IRS allowable rate for 2012.
- More than 100 miles—expenses capped at $500. Reimbursement up to the cost of a coach class ticket purchased at least one month in advance from the city of origin.
Conference Fee Waiver
All workshop instructors receive a full conference fee waiver.
Digital Submission of Proposals
Send your proposal CDs to SAQA/SDA Proposals:
Meredith Grimsley, SAQA/SDA Proposals
205 Old Science Hall
400 East Second Street
Bloomsburg, PA 17815-1301
If you are interested in more details on venue or submission requirements email
Veronica.Helton@yahoo.com and I will send you an attachment.
For other questions contact Dot Moye, firstname.lastname@example.org
or MeredithGrimsley, email@example.com.